My idea of a perfect date

We sit together in a nice spot with waiters and quiet. Drinking coffee and texting each other. Smiling and holding hands. Occasionally talking. Maybe just reading books together and sharing this great passage that we read. Maybe putting up our phones and kissing like the world has fallen away and only you and I exist. We only leave when we can no longer stand the minutes of being separate and we go to whoevers place is closest. Where we start the dance again until we are both comfortable. Maybe kissing and talking is what we do. Maybe sharing our music and a exploration of lips. We explore each other. That is my perfect date.

I’m a physical person. But I’m also reticent at first. And I enjoy the quiet moments and little truths. A date will always include touching if I’m enjoying it. Because when I touch, my mind encapsulates the memory and it is with me forever. In perfect clarity.

8 thoughts on “My idea of a perfect date

1. TheFeatheredSleep June 10, 2017 / 8:45 am

I have never actually had a date so it seems a strange world to me. I think I would probably run away. I hope that your dates are the exact opposite!

Liked by 1 person

• Pelgris June 10, 2017 / 8:48 am

I don’t quite understand, never had a date? You’ve never been with someone for the purpose of being with them? Never hung out?

Liked by 1 person

• TheFeatheredSleep June 10, 2017 / 9:19 am

Just never had an official date. I mostly had friends who became partners, but never an official date, which is pretty funny! I’m sure I would suck at it!

Liked by 1 person

• Pelgris June 10, 2017 / 9:25 am

Dating is fucking awful. I hate it. As a means of getting to know someone it is less than useful. Once you like the person though, that’s where it’s good. It’s really just a hang with someone you like that could lead to more. It’s in that context that I say perfect date. But I consider any time I make specific plans to be with someone I like romantically to be a date. Even if they are my partner. Because putting it at that level, where it’s a seduction, is good for the relationship. (can you tell that I think too much?)

Liked by 1 person

• TheFeatheredSleep June 10, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Well if that’s true then I’ve dated but never with a person I didn’t know very well that would be daunting. Glad you think a lot, haven’t you noticed it’s a dying art?♡

Liked by 1 person

• Pelgris June 10, 2017 / 12:08 pm

I was too busy thinking to notice. 🙂
              I have done some dating where we didn’t really know each other, but I’m a acquired taste. And if they have never read my work then we’ll be off to a rough start if they have or they do then it’s generally OK. But traditional dating is basically crap. But I’m not very traditional, so maybe I’ll use the term to bridge the distance but try for something more interesting.

Liked by 1 person